Version 5.15.6 onwards¶
- I got lazy with 5.15.5. There were some errors that I fixed post 5.15 which I ‘post-pushed’ into 5.15.5. It is possible you installed 5.15.5 and don’t have these fixes. In other words, if your 5.15.5 is broken, Please upgrade.
- In this release, I’ve also taken a necessary step towards model naming
Yolomodels are now
Yolov4. This is because this is the terminology Alexey has started using in his repo. This means you will have to change your
objectconfig.iniand align it with the same
objectconfig.iniprovided in this repo. I’ve also normalized the names of the config, weights and name files for each model. The short of all of this is, look under the
[yolo]section of the sample config and replace your current yolo paths. Note that I assume you use
install.shto install. If not, you’ll have to manually rename the old model names to the new ones.
- If you plan to use YoloV4, the minimum version requirement is the version after 4.3.0.
As of Jun 30,2020, that is the master branch of openCV as 4.3.0 is the latest stable version.
The updated version of YoloV4 that requires certain functions that were committed on Apr 30.
See here. So if you suddently see an error like:
Unsupported activation: mish in function 'ReadDarknetFromCfgStream'popping up with YoloV4, that is a sign that you need to get a later version of OpenCV.
- There is a new “Tiny Yolo V4” that hasn’t yet been integrated into OpenCV. Apparently, that offers a lot of improvement over V3. However, that will require you to recompile OpenCV again after it is integrated. If you don’t want to do this twice, once for YoloV4 and again for TinyYolov4, wait a bit before you use YoloV4, till this issue is addressed.
Version 5.15.5 onwards¶
zmeventnotification.inihas a new attribute,
[mqtt]which lets you set the topic name for the messages
objectconfig.inihas a new attribute,
only_triggered_zm_zones. When set to yes, this will remove objects that don’t fall into zones that ZM detects motion in. Make sure you read the comments in
objectconfig.iniabove the attribute to understand its limitations
Version 5.14.4 onwards¶
- Added ability for users to PR contrib modules See guides/contrib_guidelines
zmeventnotification.iniadds two new attributes that makes it simpler for users to keep object detection plugin hooks intact and also trigger their own scripts for housekeeping. See the ini script for documentation on
Version 5.13.3 onwards¶
- New attribute
zmeventnotification.inithat controls debug level verbosity. Default is
- New CSPNet support with ResNeXt (requires OpenCV 4.3 or above) - Note that this requires a manual model download as the model is in a google drive link and all automated download scripts are hacks that stop working after a while.
- You can now choose which models to download as part of
./install.sh. See install_specific_models
Version 5.11 onwards¶
- If you are using platerecognition.com local SDK for ALPR, their SDK and cloud versions have slightly different API formats. There is a new attribute called
objectconfig.inithat should be set to
localto handle this.
zmeventnotification.iniis now called
hook_skip_monitorsto correctly reflect this only means hooks will be skipped for these monitors. A new attribute
skip_monitorshas been added that controls which monitors the ES will skip completely (That is, no analysis /otifications at all for these monitors)
- Added support for live animations as part of push messages. This requires an upgraded zmNinja app (
220.127.116.11or above) as well as ZoneMinder master (1.35) as of Mar 17 2020. Without these two updates, live notifications will not work. Specifically: - This introduces a new section in
[animation]. Please read the config for more details. - You are also going to have to re-run
install.shto install new dependencies
Version 5.9.9 onwards¶
- You can now hyper charge your push notifications, including getting desktop notifications. See below
- I now support 3rd party push notification systems. A popular one is pushover that a lot of people seem to use for customizing the quality of push notifications, including critical notifications, quiet time et. al. This adds the following parameters:
- A new section called
zmeventnotification.inithat adds two new attributes:
api_push_script- I’ve provided a sample push script that supports pushover. This gets automatically installed when you use
/var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/pushapi_pushover.py- This also addes a new channel type called
apito the pre-existing
fcm,web,mqttset. - You are of course, encouraged to write your own 3rd party plugins for push and PR back to the project. - Read more in this article
Version 5.7.7 onwards¶
- For those who are happy to use the legacy openALPR self compiled version for license plate detection that does not use DNNs, I support that. This adds new parameters to objectconfig.ini. See objectconfig.ini for new parameters under the “If you are using OpenALPR command line” section.
Version 5.7.4 onwards¶
- I know support the new OpenCV 4.1.2 GPU backend support for CUDA. This will only work if you are on OpenCV 4.1.2 and have compiled it correctly to use CUDA and are using the right architecture.
- This adds a new attribute
objectconfig.iniwhich by default is
no. Please read the comments in
objectconfig.iniabout how to use this.
- The ES supports a control channel using which you can control its behavior remotely
- This adds new attributes
zmeventnotification.ini. Read more about it Category: escontrol messages.
- If you are using face recognition, you now have the option of automatically saving unknown faces to a specific folders. That way it’s easy for you to review them later and retrain your known faces.
- This introduces the following new attributes to
unknown_images_path. Their documentation is part of
- The detection script(s) now attach a JSON payload of the detected objects along with the text, separated by
--SPLIT--. If you are hacking your own scripts, you need to handle this. The ES automatically handles it when sending notifications.
Version 5.2 onwards¶
- use_hooks is a new attribute that controls whether hooks will be used or not
- send_event_end_notification is a new attribute that controls whether end notifications are sent
Version 5.0 onwards¶
install.shno longer tries to install opencv on its own. You will have to install
opencv-contribon your own. See install instructions in Machine Learning Hooks.
hook_scriptattribute is deprecated. You now have
hook_on_event_endwhich lets you invoke different scripts when an event starts or ends. You also have the concepts of channels, that allows you to decide whether to send a notification even if hooks don’t return anything. Read up about
- Now that we support pre/post event hooks, the script names have changed too (
zm_event_start.shand we have a new script called
zm_event_end.shthat is really just a dummy script. Change it to what you need to do at the end of an event, if you enable event end notifications)
- You can now offload the entire machine learning processes to a remote server. All you need to do is to use
ml_gatewayand related options in
objectconfig.ini. The “ML gateway” is my mlapi project
- The ES now supports a
restart_intervalconfig item in
zmeventnotification.ini. If not 0, this will restart the ES after those many seconds (example
7200is 2 hours). This may be needed if you find the ES locking up after a few hours. I think 5.0 resolves this locking issue (see this issue) but if it doesn’t use this, umm, hack for now.
Version 4.6 onwards¶
- If you are using hooks, make sure you run
sudo ./install.shagain - it will create additional files in
- The hook files
detect_wrapper.share now called
zm_detect_wrapper.sh. Furthermore, these scripts no longer reside in
/usr/bin. They will now reside in
/var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin. I suppose I did not need to namespace and move, but I thought of the latter after I did the namespace changing.
- If you are using face recognition, 4.6.1 and above now allow multiple faces per person. Note that it is recommended you train them before you run detection. See the documentation for it in Machine Learning Hooks.
Version 4.4 onwards¶
- If you are using picture messaging, then the URL format has changed. Please REMOVE
&username=<user>&password=<passwd>from the URL and put them into the
Version 4.1 onwards¶
- Hook versions will now always be
<ES version>.x, so in this case
- Hooks have now migrated to using a proper python ZM logger module so it better integrates with ZM logging
- To view detection logs, you now need to follow the standard ZM logging process. See Logging documentation for more details)
- You no longer have to manually install python requirements, the setup process should automatically install them
- If you are using MQTT and your
MQTT:Simplelibrary was installed a while ago, you may need to update it. A new
loginmethod was added to that library on Dec 2018 which is required (ref)
Version 3.9 onwards¶
- Hooks now add ALPR, so you need to run sudo -H pip install -r requirements.txt again
- See modified objectconfig.ini if you want to add ALPR. Currently works with platerecognizer.com, so you will need an API key. See hooks docs for more info
Version 3.7 onwards¶
- There were some significant changes to ZM (will be part of 1.34), which includes migration to Bcrypt for passwords. Changes were made to support Bcrypt, which means you will have to add additional libraries. See the installation guide.
version 3.3 onwards¶
- Please use
zmeventnotification.inito maintain consistency with
version 3.2 onwards¶
- Changes in paths for everything. - event server config file now defaults to
- hook config now defaults to
- Push token file now defaults to
- all object detection data files default to
- If you are migrating from a previous version:
- Make a copy of your
/var/detect/objectconfig.ini(if you are using hooks)
sudo -H ./install.shagain inside the repo, let it set up all the files
- Compare your old config files to the news ones at
/etc/zmand make necessary changes
- Make sure everything works well
- You can now delete the old
/var/detectfolder as well as
- Run zmNinja again to make sure its token is registered in the new tokens file (in
- Make a copy of your